Tuesday, 23 December 2014
Tuesday, 9 December 2014
Sunday, 17 August 2014
The music that our parents listen to when we are growing up often define our own music tastes. For me I have a lot of fond memories of my parents blasting out music on the stereo, either in the car, my home, or our flat in Scotland. And now a lot of the music I love to listen to is music that my parents love to listen to too. So I thought for todays playlist I would list some of the songs that shaped my childhood.
Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Czech Inn was beautifully styled and equipped, with a bunk bed, huge lockable box and charging point for each person.
As Prague was so cheap we ate out quite a lot, and this included more than a few cocktails, and my favourite, Tequila Sunrise! One warning I do have about Prague is there 'no tap water' policy. Where ever we ate we found that no one would serve tap water, and for people on a budget that is something to bear in mind.
Things to do in Prague:
- Visit Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, and the winding streets that feed off it.
- Find a market for some great bargains
- Visit Jazz and Blues Club Ungelt for a relaxed evening full of music. We were also lucky enough to see a bit of Prague's Bohemia Jazz Festival that was going in the main square.
- Visit the Astrological Clock on the hour
- Rent pedallows and view Prague from the river (however, there were a few bloated dead sewer rats floating in the river, so not one for the faint hearted!)
- Look out for buskers the 'Crocodile Quartet' a four piece string quartet who transform classics such as 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'I Love Rock 'n' Roll' with enjoyment and vigour.
© Barefoot Bravery | All rights reserved.